57 Sauce Bacon & Water Chestnut Wraps
- 1 lb. sliced bacon, cut in half
- 1 can (16 oz.) whole, peeled water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup Heinz 57® Sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around each water chestnut and secure with toothpicks. Place in glass 9 x13 baking dish and bake for 25 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and drain fat.
- In the meantime, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together 57 Sauce and sugars, stirring until dissolved.
- Pour sauce mixture over water chestnuts and bake for additional 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.
- Makes: 16 Appetizer Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
VARIATION: Garnish with chopped green onions.