57 Sauce Beef & Macaroni Casserole
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bottle (10 oz.) Heinz 57® Sauce
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown ground beef for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add onion and cook for additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Spoon into 8 x11 baking dish. Add 57 Sauce, pasta, tomatoes and 1 cup of cheese. Toss lightly, and season with salt and pepper if desired. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake covered for 30 to 40 minutes or until heated through.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
VARIATION: Substitute rotini or penne pasta for elbow macaroni.