Heinz 57 Chicken Turnovers
Serve this flavorful treat for lunch, appetizer or anytime snack. Garnish with chopped fresh tomatoes and cilantro.
- Serves: 4 (1 turnover per serving)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Package (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1/2 cup Heinz 57® Sauce
- 1/2 cup Prepared spinach dip
- 2 cups Frozen cooked fajita-style chicken strips, thawed and chopped
- 1/2 cup Chopped red bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle work surface with a pinch of flour or cornmeal to prevent dough from sticking if desired. Unroll dough onto work surface and cut into 4 pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix together 57 Sauce and spinach dip until smooth. Spread about 1/4 cup of Sauce mixture evenly on each piece of dough, leaving 1/2-in. around the edge. Arrange 1/2 cup of chicken and 2 Tbsp. of pepper onto one half of a dough piece. Gently fold dough over the filling to form a triangle shape. Seal the edges by crimping with fingertips or with a fork. Cut 1 or 2 slits on top of crust. Repeat with remaining dough pieces. Transfer turnovers to baking sheet and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Tip: If desired, add your favorite vegetables such as chopped tomatoes, sliced onions, roasted peppers or sliced mushrooms, to the filling.