Grilled 57 Sauce Chicken Wings
- 3/4 cup kosher salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 12 chicken wings, about 2-1/2 lbs
- 1 bottle (20 oz.) Heinz 57® Sauce, divided
- Dissolve salt and sugar in 1 quart of cold water. Pour into 1-gallon resealable plastic bag. Place chicken into bag and press out as much air as possible before sealing. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator, discarding brine and bag. Rinse chicken and dry thoroughly with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Grill chicken over medium high heat for 8 to 12 minutes or until cooked through. Reserve half of 57 Sauce for dipping sauce and use the remainder to baste chicken liberally during last 5 minutes of grilling. Serve with reserved 57 Sauce for dipping sauce.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Marinate Time: 30 minutes
VARIATION: For baking method, preheat oven to 425°F. Spread wings in a single layer on a baking pan. Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cooked through, basting liberally with 57 Sauce during last 10 minutes of cooking. Serve with reserved 57 Sauce for dipping sauce.