57 Sauce Crab Cakes
- 2 tbsp. Heinz 57® Sauce
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tbsp. shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb. crabmeat
- 20 saltine crackers, crushed
- 3 tbsp. butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 57 Sauce, mayonnaise, lemon juice, egg, Old Bay seasoning, shallots and parsley until well mixed. Stir in crabmeat and crushed crackers, adding more crushed crackers if needed for firmness. Form into 8 patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Sauté crab cakes for 4 to 6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and golden brown. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley sprigs if desired.
- Serves: 8
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
TIP: These New England style crab cakes make great mini appetizers, too.
VARIATION: Substitute 2 tbsp. of fresh parsley with 2 tsp. of dried parsley.