57 Sauce Marinated Shrimp
- 1/4 cup Heinz 57® Sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 24 raw, peeled & deveined jumbo shrimp
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 57 Sauce, wine, oil, lemon juice and basil, until well mixed. Pour into resealable plastic food storage bag. Add shrimp and seal tightly, turning until well coated. Allow to marinate in refrigerator for up to one hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Remove shrimp from refrigerator, reserving the marinade and discarding the bag. Thread shrimp onto 4 skewers and grill for 4 to 7 minutes, or until cooked through, turning often and basting with reserved marinade during last 3 minutes of grilling.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Marinate Time: 1 hour
TIP: For appetizer portions, use 6-inch skewers. Thread 2 shrimp on each skewer and grill as directed above.
VARIATION: Substitute ¾ cup of fresh basil with ¼ cup of dried basil.