57 Sauce Basted Steak Salad
- 1 boneless beef strip steak, about 3/4 lb.
- 1/2 cup Heinz 57® Sauce
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- Season steak with salt and pepper if desired. Grill steak over medium high heat for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until cooked to desired doneness, basting often with 57 Sauce during last 5 minutes of grilling. Transfer to cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- To serve, combine lettuce, carrot and tomatoes in a large salad bowl. Fan steak slices on top and serve with your favorite salad dressing.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
VARIATION: Add additional salad ingredients such as sliced onion, sliced cucumber, sliced radish, shredded cabbage and chopped green onions.